Friday, June 28, 2013

Perricon MD's Blue Plasma

What: The product claims to be a gentle chemical peel that can be used every day, without the negative side effects of a traditional peel. The product claims to work in a way to target dead skin, preserve healthy skin, and... hydrate/soothe the surface of your skin. Whew!
 

Price: $95 for 2 oz.

The Trial & Verdict: I used this product for a week and experienced:


There was no pungent smell (#1 skin irritant)
No irritation, visible or felt (#1 negative side-effect of a traditional chemical peel)
The product sank right into my skin leaving no film behind (works for all skin types)
My skin didn't feel dry nor dehydrated (none of that "I just scrubbed my face" squeaky clean feel, now I need to drench myself in moisturizer)

So until this point, since it was meeting all of its claims, I was hoping to see EYEBROW-LIFTING-OMG results from the exfoliating part of the product… but sadly, they just weren’t there. Here’s the thing with this product, if you’re already taking GOOD care of your skin, there’s not much else for this product to do. Yes, if your skincare regimen isn’t so consistent, and you don’t exfoliate on a regular basis, this could be heaven sent. But even in that case, $95 for 2 ounces of product? There are a plethora of options out there in general, and loads for sensitive skin, too. The only way I could justify this product is:

a) You just don't have the time to exfoliate, not-no-way, not-no-how, EVER! Then yes, go ahead and slap this on and call it a day, everyday.
b) Your skin keeps rebuking EVERY other exfoliator.

I suppose in the end, it's each to their own like with anything else. But I'd say, critique yourself before you go on to critique your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment